Just like Santa’s workshop, Bas Bleu begins working on Christmas long before the calendar turns to December. For weeks now, our call center and warehouse have hummed with hardworking “elves” taking phone orders, packing boxes, wrapping gifts, and shipping out your holiday purchases. When we’re so focused on the retail season, it’s easy for Thanksgiving to get lost amid the hustle and bustle. That’s why we make a point every year, here in the Bluestocking Salon, to focus on counting our blessings.
- We’re thankful for our customers. Without your support—your orders, yes, but also your words of encouragement and your willingness to (kindly!) let us know where we have room for improvement—Bas Bleu would not be here today.
- We’re thankful to be celebrating twenty-five years of Bas Bleu. In a retail world dominated by online discounters who can afford to sell books and other products at a loss, this year’s quarter-century anniversary seems like a miracle! We can’t wait to see what the next quarter-century brings.
- We’re thankful for the writers, publishers, artists, and other craftspeople who write and publish the books we love and create the stationery, puzzles, jewelry, and myriad items that delight us.
- We’re thankful for our coworkers, whose enthusiasm and dedication buoy us through the workday and whom we’re grateful to call friends.
- We’re thankful for Bas Bleu’s managers and executives, who lead by example when it comes to hard work, kindness, and integrity, and who aren’t above jumping in to lend a hand in the warehouse or call center if the need arises.
- We’re thankful for the librarians, teachers, and local booksellers who work so hard to instill a love of reading and foster lifelong curiosity in their communities.
- We’re thankful for every hour we spend curled up with a good book.
Our office, warehouse, and call center will close on Thanksgiving, so that our employees can relax and celebrate the day with friends and family. Rest assured we’ll be hard at work again on Friday, doing our best to make your gift-giving season merry and bright. Until then, happy Thanksgiving…and happy reading!
Don’t want to miss another post from The Bluestocking Salon? Sign up to receive our posts via email! Just scroll down past the comments section and you’ll see a space where you can enter your email address to receive notifications of new posts.